Friday 25 November 2011

OPI: It's a Girl! swatch

I first got It's A Girl! back here, and was kinda looking for the perfect chance to test it out.

Just so we're on the same page, here's a bottle shot from last time:



It's a super sheer pink that's akin to most french pink offerings. In the words of H when seeing a picture of my nails, '... did you even paint anything?'.

Because I'm such a sucker for girly pinks, I fruitlessly attempted to layer it (5+ coats?!) in order to get it opaque - bad decision. It turned my skin yellowish and was just not an option.

That aside, it's fantastic as a sheer chic mani; perfect to wear when you don't feel like breaking out the beige nude for the gazillionth time. And - oh yes, when you're about to go to work.

3 coats, no topcoat

Perfect opportunity to wail about the state of my nails. It may not be obvious in the picture, but every day I'm battling a new nail that decides to start peeling on me. Maybe I hadn't been eating very well (examtime stress) but it's never really happened before.

I went unlacquered for about two weeks trying to just keep the nails healthy, but they just remained dry and peeled more... so in a fit of desperation I slapped some polish on. I think it's working. Anyhow that explains why there seems to be an indentation in my ring fingernail - there's about half the thickness of the nail there after flaking.

If anyone can tell me why this is happening, would be glad to hear it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment